Hi Everyone

Nov 16, 2012
USA
Hi everyone! :D

I'm KCalNeon I'm looking into neon tetras. Ideally I would like 6 in a 15 gallon tank. With all pets, I like to do my research and sometimes join a nice forum to help me out!

Any advice for a new owner? What threads should I read through?

Well thats it! I'll see you all around the forum *BOUNCINGS

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
Hi, welcome. Neons are a great fish for a new fishkeeper. You can start with 6 in a 15g, and add more for a beautiful shoal, or think about other kinds of fish too.
What's important is to understand before you get any fish is the nitrogen cycle - read the stickies on this site about cycling. Then you can decide how you want to cycle your tank - fish-in or fishless.
Make sure you get yourself a liquid test kit for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
Research other kinds of fish before buying them - unfortunately you can't believe what some fish stores tell you is okay for your tank.
For any specific questions, start a new thread in the appropriate forum - we'd be glad to help.
Cheers,
Laura

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
ditto for laura. and also every tank is different. what works for soem will not work for others. we will all help with any questions that u may have to the best of our abilities. welcome to the forum and i for one am glad to see someone doing research BEFORE buying a tank and fish and coming into problems asking for emergency help.