Hermit Eggs

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
While one of my little Orange Marked Hermits was trying on a new shell, I was happy to noticed that his rump (sorry, don't know the tech term) was covered in tiny little orange eggs. Is there anything I can do to promote their survival or is it inevitable that they become somebodies lunch? ...and what happens when they are born in regards to them being shell-less? Do they run around naked untill they can find an empty shell small enough for them to take residence in?

My Arrow crab shed his skin this evening and left the old skin perfectly intact, standing as if it was a second crab. Cool stuff!!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
good question not sure though but last week in my 10 gallon nano i noticed this tiny little blue leg hermit crawling around in what looked like a tiny shell that came in the live sand mix i bought... all the other crabs are getting bigger and i even bout them new shells but i can tell this crab was new since he was so tiny and i havnt added anything to the tank for months havnt noticed any others though