Here goes..

AquaticTim

Medium Fish
Nov 30, 2010
Wisconsin, USA
My name is Tim, I'm 23 and live in Wisconsin, USA. I've had the tiny 5 gallon, and the 10 gallon with a beta when I was a kid, moved up to a 20 gallon that I had through high school, then dissasembled when I went to tech school and got a job. However, I recently was laid off and moved back home with mom and dad. Yippee! Anywho, I'm going back to school for Enviromental Engineering, and now that I have the time and space I decided to get a 55 and do some research and experimenting. You can read my signature for what I currently have and I included a couple pics of the tank as of a week or so ago.. (There have been a few changes since pics were taken, but signature is accurate). Eventually, in say 8 years when I've graduated, married, and bought a house, I'd really like to frame in a couple 180's+ side by side built into a wall, with a 'maitence' room behind them in a basement 'gathering/living/party/bar room'. I think it would look super sharp.. At that point I'd have one saltwater and one freshwater. I'm hoping this 55 gallon will either convince me that I want to invest the time, research, and money into something like that OR convince me to find a new hobby! lol. Time will tell, but so far I really enjoy it and am glad to have stumbled upon this site, it seems like you guys bring a lot of knowledge!

Attachments

Feb 27, 2009
Welcome, Tim!

Sounds like it will be a spectacular display once you get your house! I'd like to have a couple of 125gallons once I graduate (2nd career for me) in May 2012. I like planted tanks, and anything larger is too large for me to maintain cuz I'm short!