Help with a 10 gallon

johnnyh

Small Fish
Mar 5, 2003
www.geocities.com
Hi, I am new to brackish, and I have a 10 gallon brackish tank with 2 dwarf puffers and 1 spotted puffer. Here are my questions.

Do active carbon filter work?

Does the bacteria that is used in undergravel filters and biowheels grow in brackish?

any other advice if greatly appreciated.

Here is a pik of my tank:

Attachments

SoulFish

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Florida
www.rainbowaquatics.com
ok, well you can still never trust a fish store, you said pet store at first, ive seen dwarf puffers in brackish tanks at mine also but it does not make them brackish, it is still best to remove them, btw how much salt is in the tank?

SoulFish

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Florida
www.rainbowaquatics.com
id do a 25% water change tommarow and they day after with freshwater to cut back on the salt and keep it like that until you can get a proper tank for the dwarfs, as for the spotted they are born in freshwater to light brackish and yours looks small so it sohuld be ok in lightly salted for a while

May 30, 2003
AR/IL/NY
Visit site
If this counts for anything, I don't think that the others are figure8s.... Mine is darker than the ones in the background and he's the same size as my green spotted... The markings are also very definate 8s, were as the ones from the picture look more spotted.

Jul 30, 2003
College Station, TX
Visit site
That is definatly two C. travancoricus and one T. sabahensis or a T. nigroviridis. Hard to tell. Anyway, look for dead dwarf puffers in the next couple days. They can't survive in brackish water. No kidding. The LFS that sold them in brackish water obviously has no idea how to care for puffers.