HELP, Sick fish

NTidd

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kalamazoo, MI
I was on a vacation for a week and I came home and some of my iridescent sharks have some red spots on them, anyone know what that is and how to fix it?  Thanks.

No clue without more info....was the tank fed while you were away? If so, and OVERfed, you could have ammonia/nitrite spike.

No matter what it is, I would definately to a fairly large waterchange, 30% or so to dilute whatever is bugging them, and to improve water quality. Lots of fish "heal" themselves when the water quality is upped.
Sorry to not be of more help, but that's not very much info to go on.

Good luck, and post back?

NTidd

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kalamazoo, MI
They were supposed to be being feed, but I don't know if they were over or underfed.  The spots are appearing on the iridescent sharks only so far, I will do a water change and see if it fixes it.  They have a few small red pimples.  I also had a bala shark die while I was gone and when I got back another one had orangish fins with the black tips, I'm wondering if a fish died and was replaced.  Is there a type of fish that has somewhat the shape of a bala shark except with reddish fins and black tips?