HELP on Algae

Jan 27, 2010
Florida
Hello,
I'm a Noob to the marine aquarium keep as well as this site. But I've got a dilemma. I've got a BC 14 to try things out and it's been running for a little over 2 wks now. I've got no fish or corals just yet because I'm trying to get in the whole testing groove and keeping my levels stable. Unfortunately now I've hit an Algae problem. I believe it's green Hair though I'm not entirely positive.. Just need to know the best way too be rid of this problem. They tell me Inverts and a good water change is in order so I plan on doing soo as soon as I can get the PH where it needs to be. Any suggestions though would help as to what I should do or what kind of Inverts I should buy???... Thanks.

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
During the cycling process the light doesnt need to be on... so just leave it off and that would held with algae... turbo snails sometimes eat hair algae... try just picking it out too tho.

where is your pH?

Jan 27, 2010
Florida
Ah cool.. I am @ 7.8 or so w/ PH that's another thing I have been dosing everyday, yet my PH stays @ 7.8 doesn't rise for nothing. I don't know what's up with that?
What I have been using is Ocean's Blend Calcium and PH/Alkalinity.