HELP! Newbie with fries in the tank!

ikea y

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Hi all, I just setup the tank about three weeks ago. I had two zebra danios and later got some black neon tetras. Zebras were chasing everyone around in the tank and scaring the tetras, so I took them back to the LFS. Well, that was a week ago, and today I came home and found A LOT of fries in the tank. And on top of that I have a black neon tetra missing. I just can't find it in the tank anymore. What should I do? The fries don't seem to be eaten, but I am not entirely. Help!!! And also what should I feed them? ???

Oct 22, 2002
These could easily be zebra danios. You need to get a secound tank and place the fry in it or provide lots of cover so they don't get sucked into the filter or eaten as they get older. If you move them to a seperate tank you can feed them with liquid fry food. If not they will have to find the little organisms that live all over the tank. *thumbsupsmiley*

ikea y

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Thanks for the help. I think they are zebra danios, but until they grow up I won't know for sure. I have no room for another tank so I got a net breeder. I have been feeding them liquidfry and will get other live food when they are a bit bigger. It still doesn't seem like they are eaten by the tetras, and I have been finding more of them every hour. I wonder if the breeder thing is broken or there are more of them hatching. They seem to be doing ok. I will keep you all posted.