HELP!!! neons breeding

Oct 31, 2004
Monterey Park CA
Visit site
Well.... My neons I just got are breeding.... I saw them laying a little eggs on several occansions today and was wondering how to help them survive... My breeding tank is at the wrong pH (too high) and is filled with snails, cyclops, and other egg eating things... My main tank has my hungry hungry black tetras who have been following my neons for caviar... I put the breeding pair ( I think) into a little breeding tank with some java moss... I see a couple of eggs but I'm not sure if they'll make it or if my neons will continue breeding what should I do? THX!!! *SUPERSMIL*SUPERSMIL*SUPERSMIL

JeLeAk

Large Fish
Jan 4, 2005
Alaska
the author makes it sound so easy,

Once you choose the male and female put the into the breeding tank.... If your lucky, they'll start breeding the next morning. ...Have plenty of brine shrimp ready for the offspring will hatch the next day or in 36 hours.

Oct 31, 2004
Monterey Park CA
Visit site
I have a womanizer...... All my neons are female except 1 male.... He goes and breeds with one then goes to another one and keeps doing it over and over...... I just bought them from PetSmart and put them in my tank fed for like 1 week on flaks 2x a day and frozen 1x a day and presto breeding neons.....I put them into my breeding tank now..... Filled with plastic plants and java moss now. Hopefully he'll get his groove on again!! *SUPERSMIL*SUPERSMIL*SUPERSMIL