Help my golfish won't stop growing!!!

Feb 3, 2007
I have two goldfish both pushing about 8" long. My 30 gal tank cannot support them anymore, I also have a 8" pleco, 2 mollies and a fantail goldfish.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place I can put them up for adoption in my area?

The other option I have is to place them in a man made pond, however right now in New England the water is quite cold and the filter is not running.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Feb 10, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Hey lauren22,

welcome to the tank.

Very often, most goldfish buyers are not aware that they can grow so largely. You can put them up for adoption on this site. You're from the New England area right? Try to see if any fish stores nearby will take them back. Also try Petsmart or Petco. They might take the 2 fish off your hands.

If I were you, I would decide to set up the tank as either coldwater or warm water. It looks like you were mixing both. The pleco is going to get really big and the fantail in due time. You might want to think about that as well.

Good luck with your fish.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Hi Lauren, Really the best thing to do would be to put them on craigslist for your area, or find a local pond/fish store that will take them off your hands.