Help agressor in tank!

Nov 25, 2006
In my tank I have: 2 red caps, 1 comet, 2 roseys, 1 tiger, 2 albino corys, 1 algea eater (undetermined...lol), 1 lionhead, 2 fan tails and 1 mystery bottom feeder. Recently, 1 large comet and a lionhead disappeared. The comets remains were discovered days later. Yesturday a tiger barb (female darn it) died from being chewed on and getting infected. Today my last lionhead has some "chew marks" (I just nursed it over bloat!) and my one larger albino cory is acting strange by trying to hide in the taller plants and just generally not seeming to want to be there. My roseys don't bother anyone and at most the tiger chases the roseys now that his partner has died. Could it be possible that the "mystery bottom feeder" (which was sold to us as an algea eater by an uneducated pet shop guy....we dint notice right away and thought we'd just keep it anyways since we live in a remote community) is doing this? He is black with spots, long feelers and mostly comes out at night from hiding in the treasure chest. He is a fair sized fish and I noticed he seems to have claimed the treasure chest as his own.

Any ideas? I'm not relishing having to resort to process of emilination on this one. Lol......
Whooflungpooatyou@yahoo.ca

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
What size tank do you have? Any fish will become aggressive if it is confined to a tiny space and your tank is most likely way overcrowded since goldfish are recommended to have 20 gals for one and 10 gals for each extra goldfish in the tank. Tiger barbs should not be in with goldfish at all, and neither should corycats IMO. Goldfish need cool water, corycats, tigers, and almost all the others you have in there need warm water...

Nov 25, 2006
I thought before that it was the algea eater but I'm not sure. Its still very small and fairly young. I can't see it picking fish much bigger than itself and it has never shown signs of aggression. The one who hides in the treasure chest on the other hand....I've finally found pictures of what I think it might be and it looks a lot like a Perrunichthys perruno catfish. The one I didn't pick out. Should have known better....I know.