Hellooo out there!

Aug 28, 2013
Dayton, OH
www.CritFest.com
Hi all, I just joined the site today and figured I would introduce myself, I won't write too much because I have a LONG biography on my profile that you can check out. *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Ever since I was a child I loved animals of ALL sorts, including fish, but we could never keep them properly back then due to my mothers lack of knowledge regarding the Nitrogen Cycle, "Just add water, and voilà!". I've grown up since then and things have changed... I know better now! Oh, all of the poor little fishies that suffered due to my childhood fixation... we press on! It wasn't until I moved out, and a few years later, got married... and then I few years after that convinced my husband to purchase a 29 Gallon Fish Tank that I really started to get back into fish keeping, that was back in November of 2011. I've now upgraded my 29 Gallon to a 75 Gallon Aquarium, totally not less work than a smaller aquarium, but that's just my personal experience... I also keep a messy fish!

As I'm writing this my husband just walked in the door with a vase full of flowers, a card and a box of my favorite Esther Price chocolates! Apparently it's our anniversary today! First time I've forgotten our an anniversary in over 5 1/2 years! >_> hahah

Anyway, I'm an open book, so feel free to converse with me... I like a good conversation!

Aug 28, 2013
Dayton, OH
www.CritFest.com
Thank you, glad to be here! *celebrate

Welcome to the forum :)

How large is the comet now? Do you have plans for a pond for him/her someday?
Thanks! The comet is only about 3 inches long, I originally never intended to keep comets, my little sister picked this guy up without asking me and dumped him in my tank, and so there he is! I'm not too worried about him though, 75g with extra filtration is suitable for a single comet, albeit, a matter of opinion and debatable, but it's an opinion that I happen to agree with... I have, however, thought about releasing him into a couple ponds/lakes close to home, but they are all stocked with much larger fish and he will just end up as supper, I haven't found anyone with a private pond with suitable stocking that would make me feel comfortable about letting him go, maybe when he's much bigger I can release him and he'll stand a chance, but at the moment he's a 3" comet in a 75g tank and he's loving life! *thumbsups

... I will eventually get rid of him (when and where he can thrive), I never wanted a comet, I like fancy goldfish, which is what I kept before... my little sister is the comet lover. The comet I had before this was a rescue from her tank, and then this one... has become an obligation... needless to say, I wasn't happy. >.>