.::Hello::.

K5Rita

New Fish
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Hey everyone. I am new to this site. I am a rookie Betta owner. Used to have goldfish but decided to try something new. I got a male Vieltail Betta 6 months ago. He is an awesome little fish. He is very sociable and lets me pet him when I stick my finger in the water. He also eats out of my hand. He is such a cool guy that I decided to breed him. Today I purchased a female vieltail betta. After I get her used to me and everything and comfortable in her new home I figured thats when I would start breeding them.
Well that's my fishy background. I have been combing the internet for awhile looking for lagit fish forums. No one I know is very interested in fishs. Looking for people that share the same fasination as I do.

skjl47

Large Fish
Nov 13, 2010
Northeastern Tennessee.
Hello; Welcome to the forum. There were some well thought out threads on breeding bettas on this forum in the past. A search may be of use to you. One thought taken from the various posts has to do with the results of a successful breeding. You may wind up with a number of offspring, with each needing a separate container.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Welcome! If you decide to go ahead with your project you are in for a lot of work! I have read some of the journals of people who have either tried or succeeded in doing this and it is a full time job - both the breeding and then the raising of the fry. You need a lot of containers and you also need plans for the future should any survive or all you'll have is a bunch of "cup babies" as they call them in less than ideal conditions.

K5Rita

New Fish
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
I bought a book for everything you need to know about Betta's, and breeding. I am hoping that the information is all correct. I really don't want to make my Betta un-healthy. I usually house my Male Betta in a 10 gallon tank all to him self. He absolutely loved it in there. But I am moving into a new place so I transferred him in to a 1 gallon bowl just until I get moved in and his 10 gallon tank all set back up. (its alot easier to pack around a 1 gallon versus a 10 gallon) I really hope he will remain healthy and happy just for a couple days.