Hello There!

Dogface

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Hi guys! I am new to this site and have found a great deal of very helpful info. I have just started setting up my 20 gl. tank. I placed 5 harl. raspboras in with 2 anubias nanas and 2 grn wendtiis. When would be the right time to add more fish and plants? And I want to add an outside canister filter. Any suggestions on the filter? Wow, I am amazed at the availalabilty of information and how friendly everyone is. I am looking forward to enjoying many hours with my tanks and new friends.

Take care,

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
welcome!

always glad to have another member. and you're right..i don't think you can find people as helpful and nice as the people here. looking forward to reading about your experiences! it's a great hobby!

johnny

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Hello Dogface----

I would add all the plants you want to add now. They will help with ammonia during the cycle, and give bacteria a place to live on.

If you want to add an outside cannister, again now would be the best time.

I would stay with your current fish load.

Are you familiar with what a cycle is of a new tank?

scrimman

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.caprok.net
I suggest an eheim for the cannister filter.  Give it a little more time before adding new fish....let the cycle get used to what you have.
More plants could only help.  Besides, they look better than plastics!

welcome to the group!

Dogface

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Thanks for the replies. I had cycled the tank for 1 week. Nitrites are 0, Ammonia is 0, PH is 7.2.
Hardness is 8 deg. and Carbonates are 6 deg. I have noticed that one of my Rasb. is staying off to itself. Color is good, swimming fine, but is holding it's fins close to it's body. It is a bit of a runt, but the other fish are not harassing it. I am perplexed. Do I have the first introverted Rasb.? Any help would be great.