Hello!! New Betta Owner Over Here!!

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
I just got a female white Betta. She kinda looks like this but add a little more blue at the base of the fins and at the tip of the fins add a touch of purple.

I found her in a community tank swimming happily along with some Mollies and another female Betta.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Thank you bettalover!! I'll post pics of her as soon as I can (probably next week, lol) She's so beautiful and she is fine with my male platy and neons. I'm just wondering how she will react to the new platies when I add them to my 20 gallon. I was planning on adding the new fish (fry right now) to the 20 gallon, and then after a while add her at the same time with my neons and male platy (add them first, then her, but on the same day). Will this work??

Oct 15, 2010
it depends. I am not sure how platies and bettas are together...Do you already have them together (the neons, and male platy)? If you do, she should be fine with the other new platies. I would assume you have a breeder box (with the platies being livebearers!)- just stick that in the tank, and put her in that if there is a problem. I would get one if you don't have one- sometimes it doesn't work out with bettas and other fish. You need a fast way to separate them if needed. Keep an eye on them for the first little while.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Yes, I do have a Breeder Net. It's huge. I put her in there for 1 hour and she wasn't flaring, so I put her in the tank and she seemed fine. But I will put her in the net if any problems occur. I really hope not though. She was in a community tank with Mollies and stuff so... She's so small though!! My male Platy is bigger then her, yet she's bigger then my Neons.