Hello from cuttlefish in Maine

cuttlefish

Small Fish
Oct 4, 2011
Maine
I recently joined this forum, and I've actually posted on other threads about cycling and gotten a lot of help there
I have always had goldfish all through my childhood, but its been like 18 years since I've had a tank so I consider
myself a newbie. I decided not to go with goldfish I wanted to try something different. I decided to go with tropical
fish. I got a 40 gallon tank and set it up and cycled it. I currently have two rainbow shark, yes I know you are not
supposed to have more than one shark, but I did NOT know this before I purchased them. Thank God I didn't buy
the iridescent shark as I read that they are tank busters. I also got 3 tiger barbs and 3 albino tiger barbs and hope
to add some angel fish. So far they are all doing good, except for the smallest albino barb, he is swimming with his
nose pointed toward the floor and hiding behind the plant. I am so worried that he is stressed, but I'm not sure what there is that I can do. I still need to research how much to feed them. I know I have the proper food, but the store said once a day and I want to make sure that this is correct. I also know to only put in as much as they'll eat in 2 minutes and take the rest out. So far I'm MADLY in love with these fish, I love to watch them and I find it so calming I'm hooked.. lol anyway, thank you all for your help, I look forward to learning a lot more and being a
good fishkeeper!!

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
Hi, welcome to the forum! You can start a thread in the general section about your stocking ideas and people will chime in with their ideas and experiences. I wouldn't mix tiger barbs with angels, as the barbs are notoriously nippy and can decimate an angel's fins . . . .
Cheers,
Laura