Has anybody heard about Jinlong aquariums and equipment?

AviDusty

Small Fish
Sep 9, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Hi everybody!
I am new to this forum. My name is AviDusty. I have had a 2ft tank for 13 years with mixed success - the water was always going acidic.
Want now to reactivate this hobby and get a bigger tank. There is this company in Melbourne, which sells a package - tank, cabinet, canister filter, heater, lights- for $500. The maker is called Jinlong?! Anybody heard about them?
The size of the tank is 83x43.8x52 - around 50g - 189l.
The canister filter's capacity is 1100 l/h.
I have some doubts about this package:
1. The tank is 50g, but the surface area is smaller than the normal 50g. When stocking with fish, how would I work it out not to overcrowd?
2. Isn't the canister filter too big for this tank? (I have only experience with an under gravel filter).
3. Will this tank be suitable for the 2 silver dollars, which I bought last week? (The guy in the shop said they had been there for a year, and were not demanding fish. After I had paid for them, he read the catalog and told me they could grow up to 35 cm. I decided to keep them anyway, because I had just lost the last two fishes, had ripped the tank off and started it anew. I wanted healthy fish, not stressed from the supplyer. But this is another topic for another thread.)
Thanks to whoever will take the trouble to read all this! (Alas, my husband is not supportive of this "semi- hobby" of mine any more.)
Thanks again.
AviDusty

Jun 26, 2010
yes

Hi everybody!
I am new to this forum. My name is AviDusty. I have had a 2ft tank for 13 years with mixed success - the water was always going acidic.
Want now to reactivate this hobby and get a bigger tank. There is this company in Melbourne, which sells a package - tank, cabinet, canister filter, heater, lights- for $500. The maker is called Jinlong?! Anybody heard about them?
The size of the tank is 83x43.8x52 - around 50g - 189l.
The canister filter's capacity is 1100 l/h.
I have some doubts about this package:
1. The tank is 50g, but the surface area is smaller than the normal 50g. When stocking with fish, how would I work it out not to overcrowd?
2. Isn't the canister filter too big for this tank? (I have only experience with an under gravel filter).
3. Will this tank be suitable for the 2 silver dollars, which I bought last week? (The guy in the shop said they had been there for a year, and were not demanding fish. After I had paid for them, he read the catalog and told me they could grow up to 35 cm. I decided to keep them anyway, because I had just lost the last two fishes, had ripped the tank off and started it anew. I wanted healthy fish, not stressed from the supplyer. But this is another topic for another thread.)
Thanks to whoever will take the trouble to read all this! (Alas, my husband is not supportive of this "semi- hobby" of mine any more.)
Thanks again.
AviDusty
jinlong aquarium is a successful business in taiwan i believe. and if by canister you mean a filter, bigger is always better. and general rule for fish is 1 inch of a fish per gallon. Pet habitat