Guppies about to explode!

AndyL

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Calgary AB
Yeeehaw!

Well I'd say my female guppies are about to give birth... The real question is when... And which do I put in the breeding trap...

The 'nice' female is HUGE! But her gravid spot hasn't really changed in color...

The less nice female, isn't as big... But her gravid spot has darkened very noticeably...

Both were pre-hit from the pet store (males and females in the same tank) so no idea when 28days has happened...

Both have become pretty lethargic over the last 12 hours (Just double checked water quality, still good; don't think it would be disease related) and rather than hanging out together they're staying at opposite ends of the tank...

Thoughts?

Andy

Oct 22, 2002
Get ready for the babies....it is very likely that they've been hit at the pet store.....you will probably get anywhere form 30-60 babies each(depending on health and size of females)

Set up a good sized tank for the young(mom will eat them.Im guessing you know that because of the beeding trap) ten gallons should be fine for the young ot live in for a while....then you wil have ot find homes for them.........;)

AndyL

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Calgary AB
Yep, found homes, what the 2 LPS's and walmart aren't going to buy become AngelFish Food... :) The 10g is planned for fry rearing, so thats planned and setup, its the darn 2nd and third drops I'm worried about :) But I have time to figure that out before they arrive!

Andy