GSP???

tubbs24

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2006
USA
This is for all you GSP owners....

Well, now that I have my brackish tank stabilized and such, would it be possible to add one (maybe 2, idk, need some advice :eek:) GSP to my 30 gallon tank? right now the inhabitants are:

5 yellow jacket platies
4 bb gobies

and if not the GSP, is there any type of puffer i could keep in the tank as more of a 'centerpiece fish'?

Last edited:

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
GSP's need about 30 gallons each and full marine when they get older. They also get more aggressive as they get older so the others would probably get eaten eventually. You could probably get 1 or 2 figure 8's though. They max out at about 3" and only need about 10 gallons each.

tubbs24

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2006
USA
Thanks for the input! I did some more research on GSP's and found that they infact do need full marine when they are full grown. I plan on getting then 2 or 3 then, but possibly 2 F8's for my tank, cuz I don't feel like pushing the barrier on my tank. :)

Thanks Brack-Man! As soon as I get my F8's, I'll post another update since my tank has cleared up significantly since my last update. :D

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
F8's are awesome, you will love them :D They are by far my favorite...although, I don't tell the GSP or the dwarfs that...lol.

Make sure you have lots of hiding spaces for the gobies because it's possible the F8's can make them a snack as well.