Green Spotted Puffer tank mates

May 22, 2010
What is a good tank mate be for a green spotted puffer fish? We currently have 2 GSP's and a Black Shark in a 55 gallon tank @ about 1.014. EVERYWHERE WE GO HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION.

foxy_puff

Small Fish
Mar 26, 2010
Van Buren, AR
GSPs aren't all bad. They all have different personalities, just like every other creature. Granted, they're more likely to be aggressive than some species. I've had one for about 4 months. He's in my 75 gal brackish along with 3 mollies, 1 dragon goby, 2 killis, 2 knight gobies, 4 fiddler crabs, 2 red claw crabs, and a figure 8 puffer. He gets along perfectly with everyone, even the crabs. I love puffers so I bought another GSP for the tank. this one was a holy terror! He chewed the fins off my killis and harrassed everybody so I had to put him in a seperate tank. The puffers loved eachother and were almost always side by side. Puffy seemed lonely after I took out his evil buddy so I got the figure 8. I've had him about 2 weeks and he's very mellow. I'd definitely keep a close eye on your tank when adding puffers, but there's good potential for a nice community fish.