gourami combo

Dec 29, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
originally I wanted one kind of gourami, bala sharks, red tail black shark, and some angel fish. Bala idea has gone bye bye, since I can't afford a tank sizable to house them :( so now I am rethinking what I want. So right now, its 11 zebra danios, male and female blue gourami, algea eater, and the red tail. I still plan on getting 2 angels soon as I weed out the fake plants and get rid of the danios (not that they are bad fish, just not what I want...still trying to find a home for them, instead of being oscar snacks). What I am wondering is this...dwarf gouramis I still say are really pretty, and wuold not mind having a pair of them as well. Would there be any problem with adding them? This may also be a newbie question, but also, with the fish I have now, and the ones I want to get, is there a definate need to get the danios out?

adamj

Large Fish
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
The gouramis should be ok with the dwarfs, there may be a bit of chasing. But of cource, i havent known any type of gourami that doesnt do that :) They should also be ok with your danios. As many on here know, i house a clown knife fish with a blue gourrami (male) ( NOT FOR BEGINNERS) hehe. Once i was feeding the c. knife some feeder guppies and the gourami approached one of the guppies out of curiosity and appeared to "kiss" the little guy haha. So you dont have to worry about your gourami's being agressive to the danios. Make sure your Blue gourami's are larger than the angels you intend to put in. Angels can be blood thirsty murderes if they want to be. So angels might be a bit agressive to the dwarfs. I've seen one angel kill an entire tank of other angels, about a dozen. IMO you should stick with the danios :) im not a big fan of angels hehe. Also watch how much you put in, you dont want to get over stocked hehe