goodbye friend

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
Once again I have lost a fish, this time my large Oscar, he seemed to be suffering from what I thought was the beginning of HITH but even with constant monitoring of water params and changing water every 2 days he wasnt getting any better, last week I found the he was begining to act lethargic, so I seperated him into a smaller QT tank, did some checking and found I believe he had the same thing BV discusses about his Oscar, unfortunately as much as I like the fish and did try to treat with OTC drugs, I couldnt find or take off of work even if i did find a vet that would treat a fish. The main reason I dont think it was HITH is the other oscar has no symptoms, and my understanding is HITH is caused by water conditions, well the worse nitrate reading was 60ppm and that was approximately a month or so ago but this didnt start until about 2 to 3 weeks ago and reading were always 0,0, 20-40 depending on how much time lapsed between changes. Anyway it sucks but this was expected even though I had hoped he would pull thru.