goldie

Jane

New Fish
Oct 25, 2005
I've had a goldfish for 4 yrs never had problems until yesterday I noticed it has red spots on its belly and some red going into tail fins goldie just wants to stay at bottom of tank usually very active what's wrong?*twirlysmi

Jane

New Fish
Oct 25, 2005
I've had a goldfish for 4 yrs never had any problems until yesterday I noticed it had red spots on its belly and some red going into tail fins goldie just wants to stay at bottom of tank usually very active what's wrong?

Nov 9, 2005
Washington
Definitely sounds like Ammonia poisoning. Those symptoms are exactly what happend to my goldfish and mine was really playful too. It was so weird. Try to notice the color of its gills. If they are blood red, or redder then normal I'm pretty sure you can assume that its asphyxiation from lack of oxigen. Goto Petco (or local pet store) and pick up the Quick Dip Ammonia strips made by Jungle Labs. Its a simple test and will most likely show positive in your case. If positive you need to either do a huge water change (50-75%) and/or get some sprouted bacteria from Petco which places Ammonia eating "good" bacteria in your tank immediately.

If this helps or you have any other Questions, let me know.

-Xan