Goldfish With Black Spots?

Dec 15, 2012
i have a 60 gallon tank for 1 angelfish 1 gourami 3 cory catfish 1 pleco (dont say get rid of him im trying to do that) and *GOLDFISH* 2 goldfish. i put the goldfish in there because our pond drained WITH the fish still in there (we dont know how it drained and it still holds water) it drained overnight but all of them were alive (well 2 died ;() so i put 2 of our faverite (and smallest) goldfish in my tank with my gourami angelfish and cories and the seemed to eat fine swime fine and everything and they still act ok but on one of my regular goldfish (i named him lucky because he looked died when i found him but he lived) lucky is getting black spots on his body and a black strip on the end of his tail and some black on his fins below him. im getting woried if i should put him back in the pond or not. my other fancytail goldfish (i named calico) does not have the same thing and i cant tell as good because he already had black spots his whole life. so what should i do i dont want my fish to die :(

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
Bummer about the pond. According to your sig. you have two tanks. If it were me I would put the tetras, cats and platies into the 60 with the other and (for now) use the 30 as a quarantine tank for the goldfish from your pond. That way you can nurse them back to health and treat any fungus or bact. without effecting your other tropicals. Plus they require different temp perameters anyway.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
About your pond going dry - Does it have a pump? I had mine get the pumped water get diverge out of the pond by ice. I thought the tank had developed a leak, but it still held water just fine, then I remembered we had a freeze while we were gone and the water simply had continued to pump on to the ice and then run off on to the ground.

Dec 15, 2012
i live in californa so it cant freeze and it does have a pump but the pond was dry when we found it and this was overnight! we couldnt find water anywhere on the outside :/ and i would move the fish from the 30 gallon to the 60 gallon but my platies breed alot and i dont want to over run my 60 gallon with platies :/ all the other goldfish that i left in the pond are fine and my fancytail is fine to and lucky act okay