Goldfish in a 10

I sold my 10g to my mom and she decided to go and do Goldfish. Now I decided to try and help but she went and got 4 Common Goldfish. The thing is is that they are about 2-3 inches each and I am worried that something will go wrong. I will be the ones doing wc's and all but she doesnt want to consider taking them back. Now on to questions:

Would they eat snails? We have snails in the tank and there was no sign of the snails before until just recently.

Would anachris be alright inside my tank? The Goldfish dont seem to want to eat it.

What could I do (besides getting a pond) to keep them comfortable?

My mom has no clue how much she is making them suffering.Thanks for reading this.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Keep up with water changes and keep parameters good. I've heard that goldfish will eat snails...but I'm not sure I believe it. Either way, the snails will help keep the tank clean, so I wouldn't worry about it unless it really bothers you. You can look at it this way...those goldfish could have a much worse fate...they could all be shoved into a non cycled 1 gallon fish bowl and never have their water changed. You are giving them a good home for the time being, I know you know how to take care of them properly. Once they grow larger, you can usually sell them back to the fish store as pond goldfish. Give them as much swimming room as possible, with maybe one central thing to swim around and break up the monotony of the tank. Good luck. :)

nealio

Large Fish
Aug 23, 2006
I had two goldies in a 10G for a little while.
A ton of water changes are a must.

Four in one 10G is pretty tight. Just keep up with the WC's and hope for an upgrade in the future :)