GoldFish ID??

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
saw these at my LFS. They were LARGE....and some color variations I never seen before. Just wondering if these are something special or they're just a color morph of a regular goldfish but just giant in size.

Attachments

anshuman

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2009
Mumbai India

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
lolz they waddle and vibrate ferociously in order to swim. its quite funny watching these. i see ones like em at a fish store i go to. That black telescope eye might be a body morph of a black moor. /we it is that really fat body morph with the hump in front of the dorsal is for some reason concidered show-quality. needless to say people started to breed these body types and enter them in competitions... Nothing like the sight of 100+ wiggling fat blobs of diff colors in a show room u_u
the appeal of these shapes excapes me ...then again im a fan of ranchu sume how :p

anshuman

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2009
Mumbai India
Actually i read somewhere, this types of fat ryukins,moors etc cannot breed by themselves and almost all of them are hand-breeded or they have to be cross-breeded with some swift-swimming calico or fantail or something similar. Thats why i guess, all pics seem to be off-springs of some type of cross-breed spawning etc.