goldfish acting funny?

tbear

Small Fish
Sep 21, 2011
I have two goldfish and sometimes one of them kinda hide or sits among the plants or near the bottom. He does not seem to appear to be in any stress. Is this normal. I have a 29 gallon tank and my levels are all normal. I just had the levels tested at Petsmart a week ago. Thank u.

fredfishy

Small Fish
Dec 11, 2011
When you tested your water at Petsmart, did they tell you the actual numbers? Or just tell you that it's "okay"? You should also test your water more often than once a week... that gives a lot of time for something to change without you knowing.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Once a tank is cycled and you are on a set feeding and light photo period schedule its OK to test once a week. If a tank is cycling its ideal to test every day if it has fish in it. Its also very beneficial to purchase one of those master liquid test kits to have at your house so you can be sure you are providing the very best care for your pet.

tbear

Small Fish
Sep 21, 2011
Petsmart just said the levels were ok. They did not give me any numbers. I guess I will have to buy a test and find out the numbers. How often should I test the levels? Thank u