Go figure I get a boy and a girl.

Mar 14, 2005
Vacaville, CA
www.gotpitbull.com
I ordered a blue apple snail online and the seller sent me 2 just in case one didn't make it.

Well they are both fine and BREEDING!!!!

I am sick of hunting for their eggs. It is so nasty to have to scrape them off the lid all the time.

I want to get rid of them. No sure that my LFS will take a donation of an apple snail.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
I'm not sure, but I think snails can reproduce even without the opposite sex around. Makes those little buggers even more prolific than they already are. The extent of my experience with snails is collecting them from one tank to feed to loaches in the other tank. Occasionally I squish one against the glass as a treat for the fish that typically wouldn't try to eat one. Never actually tried to keep snails alive before.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I feel your pain jadenblack...I had that surprise awhile ago when I moved LAST time. I consolidated all of my fish and critters into the same buckets for travelling and then my two apple snails were together for a couple weeks tops...then I seperated them and next thing I know I have hundreds of little baby apple snails. It was kinda interesting to do once...but man did they make a mess. I ended up keeping one for each tank and throwing the rest to my parents ponds, one to my roommate, a couple to a guy at work and some to a friend of my roommate's...

I'm sure your lfs would take one snail if you just want to give them one, couldn't hurt asking...or set up a cute new little tank for the snail...their personalities are crazy fun :)