George the Oscar - MIA

JRB__

Large Fish
Oct 24, 2009
Australia
I went away for 2 weeks over christmas and whilst I was gone George, my tiger oscar, dissapeared. I searched everywhere, thinking he may have jumped out, but there's no dead oscar anywhere to be found. I'm stumped..
You must have been eaten by my banded lepo...how the hell he managed that I'll never know, sorry it ended this way, I'd planned on having you for many years to come...either way your the only fish I've ever actually given a name and you'll sadly be the last.
R.I.P. little buddy.

JRB__

Large Fish
Oct 24, 2009
Australia
Thanks OrangeCones,
I think he must of died or been sick and the Lepo has taken advantage and gobbled him up... Live and learn, I won't make that mistake again. He was doing so well aswell, I could get him to completely leap out of the water and grab food from my fingers...

JRB__

Large Fish
Oct 24, 2009
Australia
How were they fed if you were gone 2 weeks?
I bought a top of the range automatic feeder (3 actually, one for the africans and blue acaras aswell) works really well. I also left a few plants in with the africans.
Everyone eles is fine, the auto feeders did their job, just George disappeared without a trace...not even a left over fin or bone. I feel kind of guilty for having put him in with the lepo but I really didn't think he would be in any danger. I never saw the lepo even come near him and if food was around George would aggressively chase him away.