Fuzz's 46g...O yeeeaaah!

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
I hate my Android's Swype technology. My petsmart has healthy fish, including bettas. My walmart I hate. Went there today and almost rescued a blue VT female. She was 1/2 big!!

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
Well I did get the lid! And the store manager called me and apologized half-heartedly. reconized her voice as the woman who put me on "hold". and i got no store credit or gift card...daaarn.

It's sad the specialty businesses cannot hire competant people that apply. just...bleeps. home depot employees didnt know what blasting sand was. one didnt know what silicone was. -.- pet store employees generally dont know what they are saying...even people who work at doggie daycares cant tell the dfference between a chiuaha(sp?) and jack russel! nor know how to deal with behavoral issues that may arise with dogs. Oh! then worse, shelter workers and rescues dont know jack sometimes about animals. my rant. i got denied an application for adopting a rabbit cause i have kids. gay. ill go to a breeder..and rescues wonder why they cant rehome their animals! /rant

nice to see you again, bob! how ya been...guess cant call you kiddo now :) ever get your bunny?

and tank is filled with water. omg. yes...as of yesterday. took a minute cause we were waiting for filter. looove it. it is soo quiet. but may end up getting a couple nano powerheads to move the water a bit.

Bun is shedding...so i brushed him out and gathered a blue ball of fuzz bigger than him...then i tapped it with a wand and say abra cadoodle and t grew ears and a tail but only one eye, so i am thinking i did it wrong. then the dog ate it...so i dont have to worry about a cyclops bunny for now....for now

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
New kittens are a blast!! Mine is 2 months old - Dudley DoRight - and he already is boss of our two big dogs and we have only had him two weeks. He fit right in here and I will have to admit I am not getting much done - sort of like with a little kid when you wait for them to take a nap and then rush around getting things done.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
Kittens are cute...but omg what a pain. Mine stll runs circles and she s sooo needy. Shell be in the other room sleeping in my daughters bed...then just start meowng. ill go in there and shes stting there meowing for attanetion lol. but she is a cuddler and sleeps by me at night while the dog ditches me for the couch. for sure like a little kid though lol...with claws! shes very gentle with the kids though..just not me lol

and dont start small if you do fw...i swear my 12g was more work than the two up now. look for like a bowfront tank too...or their kinda expensive but i am looking at setting up a 29 cube, its a great size and shape for a small reef, just need a new light though

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
First off, fuzz, it's chihuahua, haha. Nice about the lid, sorry about the gift card....and the people...?? They just confuse me so much sometimes....

Congrats on the kitten!! My cats are 5 years old now, but when they were 1, they were insane!! My male, Harley, was chasing after Whisper, his sister, and he ran full speed, head first, into the refrigerator. He didn't even try to turn or stop, which Whisper did both and only slammed her side into it. They were both fine, but it was hilarious. Whisper keeps trying to bask in Edgar's (my bearded dragon/avatar) day light. It's so funny and cute. I love animals and their personalities. :)

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
LOL i cant never spell it i normally just say chichi lol. dont know why such a small dog needs sucha big name!!!

we got a cat off death row who was older...thought he was 2 but in the past year i swear he is slowng down he acts like my moms 8 year old! but he sure can keep the kitten under control, hes overly rough with her...and she has front claws he doesnt. shes a diva. cats are definetly some of of my favorites...i will always own one over any other animal, thats for sure! a lot of personality and no litter training, not very demanding usually, and you always feel graced when they come to lay by you. yes..people thought i would be the crazy cat lady lol.

so some pictures. ammonia spiked to .5 last night, but i am doing a 50% water change daily and havnt lost anyone yet. Water hasnt cleared up yet, still a bit murky, but added a peice of driftwood, i like the blackwater look kinda and am tempted to get the additive..but not really cause hubby wouldnt like looking at a murky tank. he wouldnt understand *sigh* Igjnore the rubber bands...i have no fishing line handy. when hubby got his betta, he also picked up 5 buenos aires tetras...cause they were 1$ -.- they school with the serpaes and are flashy when they turn. ill have to deal. He did pck up some more plants for me! java ferns, another green wendtii, and a sword. Gonna grab some water wistera sometime. Used my amazon gift card to buy a new light, just t-5 but LEDs cost too much, HOs produce too much heat, and hubby wont make me a DIY light. Even though he installs LEDs into cars for a side job -.- O...i can bribe him! maybe.

cant really put anything in the middle shelves cause baby will just tear it out...so not happy about the stand but o well.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
it wont lemme resize that big pic for some reason, sorry if it takes a minute to load. But i know everyone would rather see these pictures! My grandpas been wanting a sheltie for awhile, and a woman on craigslist posted the puppys. not to happy with the lady and how she let them just go in her house, ect. said the 100$ was for vet fees when theyve never seena vet. i paid 50$ though. But she is stayng with me for the week, till we can take her to north MO saturday :) 8 week old sheltie girl, my daughter calls her Sweetie Pie. Like the my little pony...ya. my dogs having to adjust to her smaaalll size...like the size of his head...but hes very good with her and gentle. outside is another story, but shell have to get used to big dogs and scary things cause shell be out at the farm.

annnd....Sneak attack!!!

my handsome boy

Peyton grtting her teeth...front two teeth anyways. giving me her GR face!

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
Thanks!! Kodi is actually under 50 lbs so hes not that big sadly. I hoped he would be bigger, but he needs to gain weight still. After almost a year hes not at a healthy weight. But struggling wit dierehah and all, 3 cups of food is his minimum. Started giving puppy wet food and hes putting on weight slowly

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Adorable pics!! I'd say buy another Sheltie for him and keep this little girl. So cute!!! I LOVE your tank. I never have the time or money to really aquascape mine.... I wanna try it though. Yours is gorgeous with the black sand!!! Love your angel as well!!

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
I wont have 2 dogs in the apartment long term. I have to take care of everything and i don't need more work. Puppys are worse than babies lol.

I love so many tanks out there and wish i could put more time/money into the hobby. There's a low maintenence crypt tank i looove

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Haha, ok. I love puppies and no offense to anyone, but I can't STAND babies right now. Some are nice and cute, but others are rambunctious, noisy, and they don't know how to sit still and stop whining. Your daughter seems like a doll. :D I'm planning on getting a Charcoal Corn Snake in about 2 years or so. I need to move out first. :p So close, yet so far!! Haha!!

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
I am not a baby fan, either, so no offense taken. Once they start talking and walking on their own their great fun, even more so when they turn around 3, and you don't have to constantly stand over them for worries their going to swallow a penny or drown in the toilet.
I am not a corn snake fan, they always seem very nippy and it was always the corn snakes that bit me never the pythons or boas. I would like a sand boa, their pretty, you dont see them much unless its feeding time, but at least they dont strike you either and stay fairly small. I thought about getting a 20tall and setting up a vivarium someday, even though you cant interact with them, i loove dumpy frogs lol

Hubby and I got into an arguement and when we do he always gets me something cause he feels bad...so he knew I needed a couple new female guppies cause my one was getting picked on pretty bad. So he comes back with 2 big prego ones, 3 banded kuhliis, and 2 angels. Which the night before I sweaaar I said tank is pretty stocked unless he finds ONE angel he likes then it's done cause his dumb tetras. So tank is overstocked a bit, angels are all babies still, so not by far. And with the filter, plants, and 25% water changes 2x a week I will be fine...always had a bad habit with overstocking but never lost from it. Just glad he didnt get the discus like he wanted...so dont want to deal with tiny ugly discus that need a lot of work to look decent. -.-

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Haha!! Love the discus part!! :D Sorry that he keeps getting so many fish though. I like that Kuhlis, mine are always out and love swimming around.

I've found that animals don't tend to really bite me unless if it's my fault. The only thing was that I had a 28 year old Scarlet Macaw bite me. Not fun. I was in so much pain. I just kinda glared at him like "Get OFF!!!" He left me alone after that, and I don't have any scars!! +1 :D

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
Corn snakes are known for being testy...like a scared lil dog you know will bite you vs the scared ball that will just roll up and mot strike

Not seen my kuhliis even after rearranging. No kuhlii is better than a body i suppose. Plan to order a dozenish :) but Omg!!!! Momandpop store has no fish guarentee!?!?!?! Kinds killed my desire to go there. Never lost a fish from there but the ram...but still

Plan to get a trio of rams-possibly electric blues, prob not for 80$ lol

Lost my female ram...serpaes picked on her everytimr she tried to get out from under wood...so tetras are all going to a friends dad who took my discus...and fell in love with them.lol!

Pictures after awhile, need to get motivated! I know everyone just wants pica anyways :D

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
So spent weekend in N MO and didnt get pics posted before I left

Lost 2 prego guppies while I was gone...idk what it is, only the prego guppies from the momandpop store.

Don't think Levi turned lights on either, so my broadleaf ludweigia(sp?) looks wimpy.

Threw in some anacharis thats just floating.

Last edited:

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
Thanks!! The angels are growing on me, just not the price!!

Rehomed the tetras to a friends tank and my guppies now go around the whole tank! Always bothered me they skimmed the surface.

To even out the angel aggression i took my friends 3 small angels..and omg theirsmall even compared to my little ones. Body's thumb nail size. So spreading out aggression wont happen for a bit. Due to their small size I'm not pushing my billows and only a few will stay with me, and pairs put into breeding tanks.

Got some pepper corys for 1$ each at petsmart...i cant pay 8$ a peice for pandas and i don't like albinos much. So get them in the tank and threw in some blood worms...poor things were starving. One ive named gimp, his tail fin never formed, doesn't effect him getting around though. Then cyclops..has no left eye :)

Now just wishing that moss would grow faaaaster