Frozen Food - Made the Plunge...

oscar1

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Throw in some frozen bloodworms too but you got the right idea good variety. Fish will love you. As for live food I would not worry to much about that. If your fish get a good variety of frozen and dried why worry about introducing diease into your tank by feeding them feeders. I do not know what type of fish you have but try some fozen peas. Put them in warm water first peel the skin off and throw the insides in.

raydobbs

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Edina, MN
www.stf-beyond.com
Well, yesterday I made the plunge.  I started my fish on frozen food as well as flake food to help with nutritional completeness.  I plan to work up to doing live food once every month - but it's VERY expensive, especially considering I am rather poor.  But I figure that the two frozen foods, and the flake food will provide the majority of the vitamin and mineral nutrition the fish need.

The two frozen foods I have are Mysis Shrimp and Brine Shrimp Plus, and the flake food is the standard pet superstore variety by Top Fin.  Any opinions if I need more variety - or how I should set up the feeding schedule?

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Sounds good Ray. I haven't tried frozen or fresh food yet, but I think I may soon. My rosy barbs act like they would like to spawn, they just aren't really in condition, as all I have been feeding is flake and freeze dried.  I guess I have to decide whether I am going to keep them or return them to the LFS, since they keep eating my plants.

I don't know anything about schedules or anything, but will look forward to reading others experience with this.

Jan

ajfish

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
blood worms..its great

Your fish diet looks great, but if you want to add one more thing, i would feed your fish some frozen bloodworms. They are great for your fish, when i feed mine bloodworms they always get really active and start chasing each other around alot. Good Luck

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
does anyone know if it is ok to store a small portion of bloodworms (previously frozen) in the fridge??  it seems like it is a bad idea to thaw the bloodworms every time you want to feed some to your fish.  and they are hard to break when they are a frozen rock??