Free salt water aquarium!!!

tett

New Fish
Apr 24, 2010
FREE SALT WATER AQUARIUM FOR A NEW HOME

Hello,

IF you are interested in this tank, please see below under next steps to write me a mail on why u want the tank. The best reply will get the Aquarium.

I have a 24 gallon salt water aquarium that I would like to give it to someone who is interested in having a salt water tank.

I bought the tank a few years ago as initially used it as a fresh water tank. About 2 years ago, I changed to salt water tank after I got scuba certified.

The tank is "JBJ 24 Gallon Nano Cube DX (with LED)" It comes along with the stand and has a modern look.

The aquarium also has about 20 lbs of live rock and a variety of corals in it. Here is what is included in the tank:

* Green Brain Coral
* Button Polyp
* Kenya Tree
* Purple Zooantaids
* Yellow Zooantaids
* 2 Hermit Crabs
* around 10 different Snails

and the main star (drum rolls please)

* PISTOL SHRIMP

The pistol shrimp is a very shy guy and doesn't come out at all. I have seen a part of him twice in the 2 years i have had the tank. But u can hear him. Almost every night going click, click, click.

I will also include a bunch of cleaning supplies and other equipment along with it.

I do not have any fish as it has a lot of bio load.

Why am I giving it away for Free?
I have been traveling lately and have not had enough time to take care of the tank. There is green bubble algae growth in the tank. You will have to deal with it.

Also, you will have to come pick up the tank, (disassemble it) from my place in Queen Anne.

Next Step:

I want to make sure that the tank finds a good home. I want all the corals and other creatures to find a place that would enjoy. I also want to make sure that you have the time and motivation to take care of the tank. Please send me an email of why u want the tank, a little bit about people who would be taking care of the tank and anything else that might help me in deciding why you should get the aquarium.

=

waterguy1

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2009
:rolleyes:Ok, I am a twelve year old that lives in houston, Texas. I don't know where queen anne is, so it would be cool if you told me that so I know if I could even get it if I win. I would also like to have your email address, so that I can learn a bit more about the tank. But anyway, I have been keeping fish since I was five, and I now have around 8 freshwater tanks. I have bred and raised the young of both egglayers and livebearers, and, a few months ago, in december, I set up my first reef tank. It is succesful, with a small occeleris clown and firefish. I am also familiar with soft corals, since I have succesfully kept zooanthids, mushrooms(which are rapidly multiplying), and xenia. This would be a nice step up, and, since I an twelve, I dont have a lot of money to get a tank that good. I would love to take care of such a great tank, and since summer break is coming up, I would have plenty of time to take care of algae and re-establish the tank. I also have a couple experienced aquarist friends that can help me if any issues arise. Thank-you for considering me as a contestant. (I just hope Queen Anne is close to Houston...):confused:

Last edited:

Sluder4

Small Fish
Apr 12, 2010
Lexington, N.C.
Hi, I have noticed this for a free saltwater tank that you are trying to find a good home for. Now, I have been into the hobby of keeping aquariums from the time I could walk. Since my Dad has always had huge aquariums (salt and freshwater) since he was 14. I have always been looking to buy a salt water one all for myself. But now that the oppurtunity for a free one that has been asablished comes along I can't let it pass by! I can tell you that between me and my Dad (over 40 years of keeping fresh and saltwater fish between us) we can keep them in tiptop shape and they will thrive and be happy! It will be kept upstairs in my game room. It stays very warm all year round. I live in North Carolina so no climate changes that drast. It will be in a dark corner so nothing will bother them that much. The LEDs will keep it bright enough for plenty of WPG. I will fix that algea problem with a nice algea attack team (won;t hurt your shrimp!) :] So my Dad has kept 150 gallon reef tanks to 20 gallon all his life and they thrive! So hopfully I will be plenty enough experienced to handle it thorugh me and my Dad working on it together! I would be able to come pick it up if your talking about Queen Anne, Maryland. If not please tell me if that isnt the right one :p My email is Sluuuder410@yahoo.com . Email me with any intrests and the deatails on the tank :]