FREE puffer fish.

zigzag131

Large Fish
Apr 10, 2009
Im almost certain that it is a brackish fish. im not sure what the name of it is but its a greenish yellow color with black spots... ill take a pic soon.

i was givin this fish and told to put a certain amount of salt in the water whenever i do water changes... the person that gave me this fish had it in water with pacus and the pacus beat up on him so i took him and he is in a tank with two mollies atm because its better then where he was.

so if anyone lives in georgia somewhere close to Cartersville then this puffer is free

i do not know how to ship fish but if he isn't gone soon i will ship him for whatever the shipping is. or if i can get another tank anytime soon i will keep him but idk

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
Just an idea ( I know little to nothing about puffers and someone else will correct me if I am wrong) But why not turn your 55G into a brackish tank, I am not sure if that tank is large enough for full size but maybe??? Mollies are capable of living in brackish conditions (some may even prefer it) so as long as you raise the salinity slowly over time you could still keep them together for a time.

zigzag131

Large Fish
Apr 10, 2009
i might do that but from what ive heard brackish is a pain but i dont know ill look in to it. and i dont want them in the same tank the puffer is really aggresive to the mollies and guppies

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
i might do that but from what ive heard brackish is a pain but i dont know ill look in to it. and i dont want them in the same tank the puffer is really aggresive to the mollies and guppies
I "believe" that is a GSP like Unwritten said, walmart sold alot of those, I have read they can get quite large but dont know for sure. I do know that the Texas state aquarium has a very similar patterned puffer in a SA community tank with a variety of other tetras and various other fish species I cant remember now..lol.

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
A 55 is plenty big for a single GSP.... You could get multiple actually and try setting up a species tank.. Maybe 3 or 4 at the most...It would need to be really well planted which may be hard with brackish... I wanted a puffer but didnt want to deal with brackish so thats why I have DPs...

zigzag131

Large Fish
Apr 10, 2009
MY LFS has one brackish tank and in the tank are two gsp's and two target fish which are white with like black stripes. she says they are both aggresive fish and will live together well. before i go about buying this target fish will it be safe my my aquarium with the puffers?