Free microworm cultures for my friends at myfishtank.net

I finally got my microworm cultures up and running. Actually very easy. I will mail you a starter culture for free if you pay shipping. Don't know how much it would cost. My zipcode is 96001. I've never shipped live animals but I'm willing to give it a try for my friends at myfishtank.net!

Pooky125

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Corvallis, Or
Shipping should be pretty cheap, specially if u just use priority, or first class... take a spoonfull and put it in a ziplock baggie, then, put that baggie in a baggie (stuff smells and feels NASTY, do NOT want it leaking) pack it tightly in a lil box so it wont move, tape the sucker up and send it out, should be less then a buck..

Culturing micrworms

Culturing microworms is pretty easy. Basically you get a shallow plastic container, I use the semi-disposable ziploc plastic boxes, and drill a few holes in the top for air. Then cook some old fasioned oatmeal, let it cool and put it in the container. Sprinkle some yeast on top and mix it in. Then spread the starter culture over the top. In a week or two there will be microworms climbing up the sides of the container. I just wipe some off with my finger and then dip it in the fry tank. You can see hundreds of little worms wriggling in the water as they decend to the bottom. I'm using mine to feed betta fry. Every so often start a new culture in a different container just in case mold takes over one culture. Then rotate the containers as they get old.

There are more complete instructions at clothahumps site:http://www.eheim-uk.com/micro.asp

Wonderwoman, since you are the first to ask, you can be a test case. Send me a private message with your address and I will pack up and send you some microworms. That way I'll know how much it will cost if someone else wants some.

Ok WW~,
I shipped you a culture of microworms on Teusday morning. Since you are in California like me it shouldn't be long until they arive. I used recycled materials to ship and postage was $1.06 for USPS first class.

If anyone else wants some microworms I can ship them to you for $2.00. I only had one small box lying around and would have to buy others. My PayPal email address is "asabspade@vulturesroost.com." I think they will charge me a small fee to receive money, but its probably less than the cost of a stamp to send a check. If anyone out there wants to mail me a check or money order my address is:
Asa B. Spade
P.O. Box 992693
Redding, CA 96099-2693