free, if you pick it up!

i have decided it is too expensive for me to feed my clown knife, and save for a new tank for him. i make about 20 dollars a week, and he eats about 18 dollars worth of food, not a good idea when saving for a new tank, so i have decided to give him to anyone with the money, and space available. i thought i would post here first, because this is a predatory fish, and thats what this thread is about, and likely filled with experts. this fish is aproximately 12 inches in lenght, and will grow much larger! he eats aproximately 150 a week, commonly sold at pet stores as "rosies" or "tuffies". DO NOT FEED FEEDER GOLDFISH!!!! they cause vitamin D defficiencies, and can kill the knife over time. i say again, this fish is FREE.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
I got friends in juncion city that might want it. I'll give them a call or whatnot when I get home. I'm still at work and don't remember the numbers. I'll let u know tomorrow if They do want it. they got a 150 gal tank but not sure on the amont of fish.

Mar 26, 2006
enterprisesteaks.com
I wish you luck, I like helping people out if I can, but Im sorry, im here in PA, and dont have a big enough tank...............yet;)

My oscar is out growing his 10g fast, so it wont be long now. I was going to get a 100g in April, but with gas prices the way they are it has put things on hold. I have 5 big trucks I need to gas up everyday for my company:(

long run about 300 gallon. thats if he/she reaches the full 3 feet. (unlikely, but possible) it is about 1 foot long right now. growing fast, and im not sure how much longer i'll be able to house it in a 29 gallon. i also cant afford to feed it much longer. it eats about 150 "rosies" a week. a little over $15 plus i have 7 other tanks to keep up. they arent in any trouble... yet. i really need to get rid of this knife. its in great conditioned, and trained to come out with the lights on.

only if you train them. he eats shrimp too. when i got him from wally world they said plake, and i tried it, and he wouldnt eat, and one day, my neon tetras started to disapear, so i did research. thats how i found this forum, and found out how big these monsters get. that was a few months ago. now hes just over a foot long.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
:eek: If you only have him in a 29G then I think that 150G would be a HUGE increase in space. If he is a foot long then he probably cant even move in a 29G!! I know that with my Eel the less often you feed the slower they grow. Maybe you or who ever gets him should cut back on how much he is eating.

I dont see anything wrong with him moving into a 150G perminately.

Last edited: