For those who venture not into the SW thread

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Hey now, I've been lurking and keeping up with you all for a while. Great job the both of you!

I lurk, but dare not post much. Afraid that I will get sucked into the dark side. ;)

You salties do a great job with your tanks, and from what I can tell, are very knowledgeable. IMO, you all do not get the recognition that you deserve on this board because it is primarily Fresh. Thanks to all of you for keeping the SW sections going. :)

If we ever started a tank of the month contest, I would hate to go up aginst some of the tanks I've seen posted here.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
ive seen you in there orion...i recall one post about what it would take to make a reef like some of the ones somebody posted...i don't think we are in it for recognition, most of us are just pleased to see the SW side of our community growing. i believe the best way to do that is to hook people with pictures

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
Beautiful pics, especially in the first link! I had looked at those when they first went up. I too check out the SW Rate My Tank section. After a few more years of freshwater tanks I may cross over, but I've still got a few things to figure out with growing simple plants before I drop that kind of cash on corals. When I cross over to the dark side, you all will witness it happen here.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
I know camaro, I didn't meen for that to sound like recognition was all you are in it for. I don't belive that any of us are in it for that. What I ment to say was that I have always felt that the SW sections seemed over looked by most members, and its great that the SW sections are growing. :) There, I think that sounds better.

I would love too. But I don't want to have to drive over an hour just to pick up any little thing that I may need. No stores close carry marine stock. Well, a new LFS did for about a month. First went in there and the tanks looked great, went in a few weeks ago and most of the SW tanks were tore down. Probably for the best, as the FW dosen't exactly look to be in the best of shape either.

Dark side, heh. Mabey you should change your name to Darthcamaro? :D

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i wasn't offended, i did not mean for my post to sound like i thought you thought we were in it for the recognition either...once again, the internet has skewed our meanings i think

most petcos, etc. carry general SW equipment/maintenance needs...wouldn't buy livestock there though