Fluvalfx6....never worked, out of the box.Any

Water

Small Fish
Apr 25, 2006
USA
Hello,I just purchased a Fluval Fx6 canister filture and it came in today.

I spend all afternoon setting it up,following the instructions,yadda,yadda just to plug it in and have the damn thing not work at all.Made no sounds,no nothing at all.
Has anyone else had any problems similar to that or have any experience with the FluvalFx line?any input or comments are greatly appreciated.I did a google search on it and came up with nothing,no reported problems just the usually this brand is superior over this brand talk but I'm at a stand still before I call the 1800 number or just pack it up and return it.

Bad motor?

400 bucks on something I didn't even break because I wasn't even given the chance*laughing

thanks*SICK*

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
A little less than a tear ago I bought an FX5 and have had nothing but great performance out of it. If you are sure you set everything up properly then just return it.

What sort of tank is it for, if you don't mind me asking?

Water

Small Fish
Apr 25, 2006
USA
A little less than a tear ago I bought an FX5 and have had nothing but great performance out of it. If you are sure you set everything up properly then just return it.

What sort of tank is it for, if you don't mind me asking?
55gal cichlid tanks but as of right now I have two small plecos in a 10gal and I'll probably move them to the 55gal because I've read they eat a lot and grow to be 24'.I didn't know that before I got them because they were given to me as a gift.

Maybe I need to take some of the water out,I filled it up thinking maybe I didn't add enough after I added 2gals,atleast at that point I thought I heard it make some noise but who knows.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
I certainly wouldn't wait to report to whom ever you got it from. Waiting and trying to trouble shoot by yourself is the worse thing you can do with a purchase like that.

Water

Small Fish
Apr 25, 2006
USA
have you tried taking the impeller housing apart and seeing if it's stuck? Sometimes when I turn my Fluval C4 off, it won't turn back on until I jostle the impeller housing... same as when I first purchased it.
No,I started to do that but instead I returned it and now I'm on the hunt for a canister filture that isn't as expensive but that will just add on to keeping my tanks clean as possible.

350-400 gph is what I want but I'm also looking for a brand that has a good customer service with no hassles,espacially after you've paid that much for an item.
Petsmart,petco is damnnear no good they don't know but it does give you backing of returning something usually with no problems.

Thanks for the help,anyways guys or gals

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
No,I started to do that but instead I returned it and now I'm on the hunt for a canister filture that isn't as expensive but that will just add on to keeping my tanks clean as possible.

350-400 gph is what I want but I'm also looking for a brand that has a good customer service with no hassles,espacially after you've paid that much for an item.
Petsmart,petco is damnnear no good they don't know but it does give you backing of returning something usually with no problems.

Thanks for the help,anyways guys or gals
Fluval or Eheim is about as good as canister filters get no mater who you buy them from.