flowerhorn not eating

a fren of mind is going away for further studying. so he gave his flowerhorn for me to be taken care of. well, i'll be glad to take car of it as i go 3 fh in my care.

the problem is the fh doesnt want to eat. when i ask my fren, does he not take care of his fh. he says he only topped up the evaporated water. (so no water change and filter clean up)

i suspect the fh is having some internal bacterial infection or ulser problem.(as i pay a visit to my lfs, and read all the medication bottle which appears to the symptoms of the fish, lost of urge to eat, no appetite, long white discharge) so i get the medication, and treat it.

follwing the instruction, 4grams to a 160ltrs of water and let it stay for 24hours, with filter off and full aeration. Well, today its been pass 24hrs, and i try to place a few food pellets the fh, when up to it, and well, still wont eat! :confused:

HELP!!

yup, the medication says to do a second treatment by replacing 40% of the water. and the same dosage.

im not sure when it last eat. but the last owner dont seem to care much for it for the last 3 mths if i remember correctly.

the medication also says a dip treatment, 2grams to 8ltrs of water. im scared if THAT will shock the fish and maybe kill it.

Apr 15, 2014
Hi

I am a new user to Flower Horn, Living in Chennai, India
I have purahsed one Flower Horn 8 months before with a tank capacity of 80 liters.
I use to feed Humppy Head to my FH three times a day ( 7 pillets + 5 Pillets + 8 pillets in Morning, afternoon and night )
I use to change 20% of water every Week, I use RO Water from my purifier
She use to eat on regular inverval till last month, now she is not eating the food properly, she is having one / two pillets every day, i will wait for 10 mts and if she is not eating the same i will remove it from the tank

Pls advice

Thanks