Flame's Mini Bow Iwagumi

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Wow, lovely shrimp and duckweed!! Kenny, send my plants/shrimp on Thursday please. That's what works best for me. I can't wait for the duckweed...and shrimp...and the other plants. XD you actually made me look cuz I have some nice reflectors on my hood. My fat cat is looking at my goldfish right now. She's doing that chattering thing. Weird cat. XD

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
couldnt remember what foreground plant was considered kinda canivourous...was thinking fissedens.

you could do a betta, but he may be too good at population control and wipe out your colony! would have to have lots of hiding places. my bettas just ate all the pest snails i got...annoying

Apr 14, 2008
Oh!!!

That's Utricularia Graminifolia, Fuzz! It took me a while to remember it but it just hit me!

Kiara: kk. lol @ the cat! My kitties don't click[chatter] at the fish, but they do at birds/things they are stalking so that might be a bad sign[that your kitties may wanna eat fish]. :p

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Lol, they only do it to the goldfish though. The slow moving fish that look at them and give them smooches. xD My dog likes to cuddle with my cats though. I can never get a pic though, they move right when I'm about to get it....Grr!!

Jul 18, 2011
underwater
Sorry for not posting in a while; I have to order all my plants/fish from eBay. However, I am expecting my fissidens to arrive on the 18th. While we're waiting could anyone recommend any sort of plants that go well with DHG, fissidens, and duckweed? Keep in mind that the most I can grow are medium light plants. thanks!

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Water Wisteria?? It looks nice in my tank. Kenny, what was the whole list of plants that you were giving to me?? I only have like 3 small stems of Wisteria. Rotala Rotundifolia, Java Moss, Christmas Moss, Thaiwan Moss (?), Duckweed, and Water Wisteria??

Apr 14, 2008
I can't help but to want to recommend rotala wallichii. I LOVE the look of that stuff but personally, have yet to try it so I can't help you with it's care. Anyways: http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/images/Lythraceae/Rotalawallichii_Bjarne.jpg I'm thinking about ordering some for my 2.5gal and starting up co2 on it cuz it's just THAT tempting! Also maybe H.C.[dwarf babies tears]?

Kiara: Amazon Frogbit, Duckweed, Rotala Rotundifolia, Dwarf Green Hygro[not wisteria, it's something different completely], & java/flame/Taiwan moss.

Jul 18, 2011
underwater
I can't help but to want to recommend rotala wallichii. I LOVE the look of that stuff but personally, have yet to try it so I can't help you with it's care. Anyways: http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/images/Lythraceae/Rotalawallichii_Bjarne.jpg I'm thinking about ordering some for my 2.5gal and starting up co2 on it cuz it's just THAT tempting! Also maybe H.C.[dwarf babies tears]?

Kiara: Amazon Frogbit, Duckweed, Rotala Rotundifolia, Dwarf Green Hygro[not wisteria, it's something different completely], & java/flame/Taiwan moss.
Sorry, Kenny, but I don't think a red plant would be aesthetically pleasing for my tank. In a jungl-y setup I think it would be perfect, though.

Also, HC is a light and CO2 MONSTER, and I cannot grow it because:

I currently have no CO2 on my tanks.
4 WPG on a 2.5 gallon only grows medium & low light plants, and to grow HC I would need at least 8 WPG I think.

Jul 18, 2011
underwater
Bump.

So, the fissidens are coming on Feb. 2, I plan on moving my microrasbora to a 10G, and I replaced the stock filter because it prevents light from reaching 1/2 of the tank. The new filter is a Whisper 3i, and I put a sponge over the intake.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
looks like your making great progress
i like ebay and aquabid for plants...sopme guys on aquabid are really cool and will send you other plants for freee just cause they have some clippings.

Jul 18, 2011
underwater
Bump

So, I have good news & bad news. The bad news is my fisaidens STILL haven't arrived. The good news is that I'm finally doing an update (duh). I made some major changes.
1) Added another stone; now it looks like a mountain range.
2) went to petsmart and bought 8 stems of wisteria.
3) started dosing API CO2 booster. Basically a ghetto Excel.

So far I'm really glad about how the tank is coming. Here's a pic; please tell me what you think.

IMG_20120203_210357.jpg

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
need like a short plant...wendtii maybe, growing behind the rocks where a few leaves fall between them, the rocks look very out of place atm...their so clean and bright! some plants around them will help :)

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
It looks nice. I have a rock, but idk if I should put it in my tank, since it is a rock from one of the african cichlids lakes. It's used to raise pH and I'm afraid to use it.

Jul 18, 2011
underwater
Man...I think the wisteria I planted yesterday was still acclimating to submersed growth, so it didnt absorb the flourish. And since there's copper in flourish....I had one shrimp die. Now there are 3 left, and one's a juvie.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Dang, sorry to hear that about your shrimp. Could I keep my male betta with my red cherry shrimp?? He's very docile and hasn't attacked any of my fish. He's nicer then my previous female betta, and I thought that she was an angel!!

I would have to borrow my dad's sledge hammer lol. But it's about the size of my hand and weighs about 3 pounds.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
I was under the impression that bettas eat shrimp, because OC was contemplating using them to rid one of her tanks of them. They are carnivorous and in the wild their diet consists almost entirely on insects, worms, and crustaceans.