Flame's Mini Bow Iwagumi

Jul 18, 2011
underwater
You could try it, but most of the time it won't work with a few shrimp. However, there's a method that works, which is:
1) Get a 10 gallon or larger aquarium
2) Get many plants (especially moss) and densely plant it (if you want low-maintenance, go for low-light plants).
3) Order RCS.
4) Allow a colony to establish
5) Add Betta

Because there are around 100 shrimp in that tank, and many plants, the betta will have a harder time eating the shrimplets, and the strongest shrimps will live and reproduce. Sorta like natural selection.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Well, I already have a 10g RCS tank and it has a TON of Java Moss in it. I even bought more today. I paid $3.99 for it and it filled up 2 10g. Wow. I had a Platy fry in there along with my surviving male and female RCS so it could grow. Well the little *mumble mumble* attacked my female while she was molting. Now I only have the male and I threw the fry in the Goldfish tank. The damn bugger is still alive. I'll get rid of him soon. But my new male Betta, Sai (sigh), is very nice. He's not attacking my other fish and wouldn't even flare at the other male Bettas at the store. I love how he looks and my I found some more Guppy fry that I know that he saw, but turned and swam away. I'm really tempted to put him in with my male RCS, but idk. I'm getting more from Kenny either this week (if he ever comes on to tell me) or two weeks from now. Idk why shrimp cost so much here. $4.99 for one RCS. Yeesh.

Jul 18, 2011
underwater
12 LIVE RED CHERRY SHRIMP ~ cute pets for freshwater fish tanks & aquariums | eBay

You should order from this guy. He's very reliable, and when I ordered 6 shrimps, I got 10 instead. The more you buy, the cheaper it is. In fact, I ordered from him earlier today! If you follow this link, it's $19.96 for 12 (+ a few more in case of DOA), and the unit cost is around $1.70 per shrimp. WAAAAAAAY cheaper.

P.S.: Don't put Sai in with the male. Your betta might be peaceful when it comes to personal space, but ALL bettas want a snack (RCS).

Jul 18, 2011
underwater
Well, I already have a 10g RCS tank and it has a TON of Java Moss in it. I even bought more today. I paid $3.99 for it and it filled up 2 10g. Wow. I had a Platy fry in there along with my surviving male and female RCS so it could grow. Well the little *mumble mumble* attacked my female while she was molting. Now I only have the male and I threw the fry in the Goldfish tank. The damn bugger is still alive. I'll get rid of him soon. But my new male Betta, Sai (sigh), is very nice. He's not attacking my other fish and wouldn't even flare at the other male Bettas at the store. I love how he looks and my I found some more Guppy fry that I know that he saw, but turned and swam away. I'm really tempted to put him in with my male RCS, but idk. I'm getting more from Kenny either this week (if he ever comes on to tell me) or two weeks from now. Idk why shrimp cost so much here. $4.99 for one RCS. Yeesh.
Have you seen that Youtube video "Jungle Bubble"? Well, you need at least 3/4 of the amount of plants in that tank to keep a colony alive with a betta.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Hmm, I'll check it out. I actually renamed him. The name just didn't suit him. I named him Charlemagne (shar•la•main), Char for short. The name caught my attention a few months back in US History, so I kept it.

I really don't have $20 on me right now. I'm getting the stuff from kenny for free, cuz he's so sweet like that. Yesterday I got: 4 Neon Tetras, 4 three day old Molly Fry, 2 Nerite Snails, Charlemagne, and a clump of java moss that filled up two tanks. Total cost: $3.87, that I found around my room. I love haggling with my lfs manager. Plus, I brought in 8 Platy Fry and an adult male Guppy.