Fishdad's Reef Setup

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
try to spot feed that crab mysis 3 times a week. they tend to starve w/o extra care. given it takes them many months to die on average (they can filter food out of water and eat off corals and sift sand) but eventually they may still die. Feed him and he should do great!

Those porcelains are some of the best crabs for a reef (but make sure there are no fish that eat them) Here is a photo of the one i kept. It is a bit different that yours.

Last edited:

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
That's a nice one. I didn't realize they could be so different.

I have him for a few months now and haven't fed him a thing. But I do supplement the water with filter feeder food x2 per week.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
feed him. i highly recommend feeding him unless you don't mind him disappearing one random day, never to be seen again. I fed mine filter feeder food too, but he loved the mysis. i use forceps and he would take mysis that way.

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
I'm not really comfortable with the hyposalinity treatment. I use Kordons Rid-Ich. Works pretty well, just a combo of malachite green and formalin. He's doing ok, he's in the display and is getting bullied really bad by my six line wrasse of all fish. I'll get a photo later today. Thanks for asking!

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
All are doing good. The only issue is with a small acro frag. It seems to only want to extend its polyps at night, I thought it may be getting too much light so I lowered it. Didn't seem to make a difference.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
I have an Acan brain thats about 4 years old. Its not near as pretty as yours. I have had the opportunity to get them but always decide on something else for whatever reason. My latest tank is a 75G that use to be my African tank. Its going to be a peaceful tank with softies. I already have a bunch of Mollies acclimated to SW plus a few Chromis, the blue green and the orange line. Oh, and two Scooter blenny.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
KcMopar post some photos of your 75gal setup!

I see the price on that refracto at $100+ good deal, unfortunately i would not be able to afford one. I think the one i have leftover from my reefing days might still be working. I'm going to keep it just in case..haha