Fish Outside

I want to set up a 10g outside for maybe Mosqitofish or White clouds but recently its been getting in the low 40's here. I was wondering if the white clouds would survive in this cold of water. I will have a heater on the tank but I doubt it would do much for the tank.I plan on having the tank sealed up on top just in case my neighbors cat wants in. Its also going to be planted with some Coldwater species of plants. If the White clouds cant survive this where would I be able to find mosqitofish.

Dino

Large Fish
Mar 3, 2007
90 degrees north
I have kept white cloud minnows outside once the water temperature stays above 50F.
I used to take a lot of fish outside during the summer.
Being exposed to sunlight and live food, generally makes the fish's color improve.
Most species also spawn like mad, when placed outside.

James, I have mosquito fish.
I keep them outside here all year long.
I am willing to ship.
Dino

Fuzz16 said:
why set up a tank outside?
I am not technically allowed aquariums in the apartment so the next best thing is to do a coldwater Planted tank.

IDunnoWhy said:
I was going to ask the exact same thing.

But I guess if I lived in a warmer climate, it might be cool to have a aquarium out in the screen porch.
Yeah, It just gets really cold here t night until summer.

Dino said:
I have kept white cloud minnows outside once the water temperature stays above 50F.
I used to take a lot of fish outside during the summer.
Being exposed to sunlight and live food, generally makes the fish's color improve.
Most species also spawn like mad, when placed outside.

James, I have mosquito fish.
I keep them outside here all year long.
I am willing to ship.
Dino
Pming you!

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Do a whiskey Barrel pond... seems more logical than having a glass tank outside. They sell kits pretty cheap or you can piece it together yourself and do some DIY to make it cheaper.

Fuzz16 said:
you should look into a pond then, youd just have to worry about dogs and coons and cats though
Dogs and Coons arent a problem(well the coons Im unsure) but we have this pesky cat that I feel sorry for because people kick it and everything so i would need to figure out how to keep the pond/tank protected. (Wow thats a looong sentence).

Dino

Large Fish
Mar 3, 2007
90 degrees north
Fish/plants on their way.
I dropped a few small plants in, use them or toss them as you see fit.

Banana plant, water sprite, water lettus, parrots feather.

Check you pm's for shipping number.
Package should be there by noon your time tomorow.
I marked it, waiver of signature, so the carrier should just leave it at your home.

Dino said:
Fish/plants on their way.
I dropped a few small plants in, use them or toss them as you see fit.

Banana plant, water sprite, water lettus, parrots feather.

Check you pm's for shipping number.
Package should be there by noon your time tomorow.
I marked it, waiver of signature, so the carrier should just leave it at your home.
:eek::eek::eek: Hey thanks. Thats saves me alot of money.

BTW pming you.