Fish eyes clouding then dying upon intoduction to tank

Jul 18, 2016
4 months ago my 20 gal was contaminated with ich leaving 2 angelfish and all natural plants. I treated the tank with ich tabs as directed. The water has been changed out several tines since then. Well over 50% water changes 3xs since. After 3 months i have added my first 3 new fish (a small breed plecco) 2 died the first day; the third died on day two. Now 4 months later i added several new fish. A school of tetra. Obe died after 2 hours. Two bala shark, both appear to now be blind and one of them is upside down as well.

Jul 18, 2016
I did not test the h2o but believe that too low pH is probably the cause. Their symptoms match. Sluggish, clouded eyes, and many quick deaths. I lost 5 more by 2a.m. and had baking soda by my son to buffer while i was working. I will pick up a gravel vacume,test kit, and more water softener and pray i have fish left when i get there. If not it is a lesson learned

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
see if they have this test kit. it's one of the best and it's pretty accurate.
http://amzn.to/1QVAaUZ

see if that'll give you an idea of what's really wrong with the water parameters.
you mentioned 50% water changes....wonder if your tank is still considered cycled after all that with no fish in there. keep us updated!

Jul 18, 2016
After the baking soda i only lost 2 more. At least the deaths slowed down. I had the water tested at the pet store. The results read like a salt water tank...remembering that it is fresh water. He said 20%h2o change and vaccume the gavel to reduce the nitrates that were moat likely causing the infection.
However, i need to move the tank temporarily, so the plan is to use 5 gal from the tank and 5 gal tap h2o into my 10gal holding tank. Then vacumming out the gravel and reset it over the next week.

Thank you GREATLY for the input

Jul 18, 2016
As far as it being considered cycled, the answer is no. He said it would be considered a new tank every time i change the h20 since i change sooo much h2o every month. He called it new tank syndrom (?) and explained the cycling process to me, also gave me some reading material to better understand the need for the cycle. Ive never had the white cloud, but have been diligently focused on crystal clear water not natural cycling. I still have much to learn!!!

Jul 18, 2016
I have a 20 and 40 gal tank since feb of this year and havent had any problems up till this seemingly long episode with the smaller tank. But my 30gal is an entirely diff entity