Finally my Mekong puffer eats a fish on tape!

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Haha...yes! Sweet!
And you are in Omaha, eh? Hehe...maybe I'll give you my unwanted platies once I raise enough of them.

I love watching this sort of thing. Thanks for the entertainment!
Big Vine

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Dr.Gonzo said:
sure, he'll love em. you can come over and feed him yourself. nothing like a live bloodbath!
Indeed...that would be fun!
I'm sure you must get as fascinated by your tank predators as I do about my crays whenever they feast on live victims. It is truly a visceral experience! *ALL*

Big Vine

Dr.Gonzo

Large Fish
May 21, 2006
Omaha Ne
Yeah, I was half expecting someone to give me a nasty response about animal cruelty or something. You know, the type that won’t eat meat but wears leather belts and has a fridge full of Jello.

jessey

Large Fish
Dec 25, 2006
Tampa, FL
aah!! :) no, no animal cruelty responses (it would only cruel to the puffer to not feed him, lol), but that did make me jump!! ewwww! :D

also, i'm sure you know this but.. your map turtle will probably get to those guppies before the mekong puffer has a chance. how big is your turtle?

Dr.Gonzo

Large Fish
May 21, 2006
Omaha Ne
jessey said:
aah!! :) no, no animal cruelty responses (it would only cruel to the puffer to not feed him, lol), but that did make me jump!! ewwww! :D

also, i'm sure you know this but.. your map turtle will probably get to those guppies before the mekong puffer has a chance. how big is your turtle?
They aren't in the same tank otherwise I’d have a bunch of dead fish and a scared turtle, and for him he actually leaves the fish alone for some reason.

Dr.Gonzo

Large Fish
May 21, 2006
Omaha Ne
FreshwaterJeff said:
How big is the puffer, for that matter? And how big was that tiger barb?
The puffer is about 3 inches and the barb was about 1 - 1 1/2 inches. I'm getting a 20 gal for him soon because they get to be about 5-6.

jessey

Large Fish
Dec 25, 2006
Tampa, FL
yeah no i figured the puffer and the turt weren't in the same tank... like you said, that would not be a happy turtle!! and that's lucky that your map doesn't eat the fishies. i love turtles, so i was just being nosy :D

Dr.Gonzo

Large Fish
May 21, 2006
Omaha Ne
I'll have a better one in a week or two. The camera I used filmed it too dark and I had to lighten it myself which makes it look like garbage. What should I feed him next time? A puppy or a kitten?