finally got the courage!

SegaDojo

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.intergate.ca
well i've been fighting a losing battle with thread algae in my 10g.  There was just too much of it tangled in my java moss...

So, I removed almost all my moss (except those stubborn ones that find its way into cracks or that hides within my lilaeopsis).  And while I was doing it, the rest of my plants needed a desperate trimming... I've just been so busy with work, exams, and christmas shopping, that I couldn't find any time to keep my tank in top shape.

well anyways, I have always wanted to take a dive and try a new layout, but worry that it may turn out worse than the existing one.  But I did it anyways...

I hope that the new layout will grow out nicely, and i'll be sure to post some pics when I finish up my roll of film.  I'm TRYING to do a nature aquarium setup, but I tend to use too many plants cuz there's so many nice ones that I like.

Arcab:  thanx for the suggestion to remove the moss.. it was getting on my nerves cuz the moss always gets tangled up with my lilaeopsis.  I also tried the American Flagfish and its working pretty well.. previously, there was just too much algae in the moss for it to completely munch up.. but now I find it doing a pretty good job.  I hope it'll clean up the residual thread algae left floating around the water or lying on the substrate.

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
that's good to hear segadojo!

i removed my javamoss also when it grew out of control. it wasn't attaching to the driftwood anymore. but y'know javamoss. you can't get rid of it. there's always a bit here and there. but those 'bits here and there' are now nicely attaching to the driftwood. so i guess the lesson of the day..'don't be afraid to toss out the javamoss..it'll grow back!'

let me know when u get some new pics up. i'll post them up on this site if you want.

good luck!

johnny