Filter suggestion.

Aug 10, 2011
So i currantly use a second hand fluval 305 external filter however i feel its just not doing a great job, the tank seems to have a dirty layer across my gravel, a water change helps however after about an hour the dirt settles back on top of the gravel.

My experiance before with a much smaller filter ( and smaller tank) had better results if i recall.

The tank looks clean to look at but on closer inspection i can make out all kinds of debris, another option would be to get one of those battery power vacuum cleaners that collect debris and then have an option to push the water back into the tank ?

Ive been looking at the fluval G3 and wondred if anyone else had one ? or what other filter types do you suggest ?

My only other thoughts on this was to have an additional powerhead to assist the water flow ? Tank is 200 ltr.

and i have 5 danios 1 plec and 3 mollies

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
You need to (siphon) vacuum weekly with water changes. I vacuum siphon at minimum once a week. I also have a couple power heads facing the gravel, this cause the waste to be pushed off the bottom and into the current so the filter can catch it. (Well in my case a filter sock).

Aug 10, 2011
yer i will stay keep up on the vacuuming, i think ill settle for one of the micro pumps and position it at the bottom of the tank to get the flow moving. Or i have seen those aqua-clear power heads with an angled outlet that look good, however i can see that anything directly below that pump would remain un circulated.