Fight Night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2006
enterprisesteaks.com
I once had 4 tiger barbs and one striped shark looking fish. The shark looking fish killed 2 barbs the first week. Some time went by and now tonight he is killing the other two. There is one left, and he has been niping at him all night. He likes to corner him and bite really fast. This fish is a psyco!!
In all fairness, the barbs are puting up a good fight, he has some markes on him.

mmmmm????

My wife said it was fine with her if I got that big 100g tank. I think tomorrow I'll get some Oscars again. They are my favorite fish next to a white shark. This all started out as just something for the kids, but as I have said before, this website has gotten me back into a hobbie I have forgot. My last fish tank was 3 years ago.

Anyway, when I put 2 Red Oscars in this tank tomorrow I have a feeling this shark, or what ever he is, is going to get some of his own medican. I could always freez him like some one did on this site, but I have always enjoyed Oscar Justice:D

My kids are getting a good education about big fish eats little fish, LOL!!

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2006
enterprisesteaks.com
OK, I went to the store today and got two tiny Red Oscars. The Barb made it through the night*BOUNCINGS

Funny thing happen at the PetsMart. When I told the girl I wanted two Oscars she STOPED AND ASKED THE SIZE OF THE TANK:) I laughed and told her "good job"!! I let her know that right now I have a 10g, but in a few weeks I am geting a 100g. I let her know about this site and she said she goes on here alot and knows all about it!! I told her my handle and she said she doesnt have one. So anyway PetsMart girl, nice job again, and hope to see you post here soon!!:)

PS: I have the Oscars in the bag right now, siting in the tank. In 15 min I am going to dump them in.

Mar 26, 2006
enterprisesteaks.com
Thank you, in fact I think you told me that once before. Sorry, I forgot the name of him;)
I think I have balanced the tank as of now. The leoprdnes is keeping to himself as are the Oscars. The two oscars stay together all the time, and I am thinking I might have a male and female. As they get biger i will be able to tell better. The one Tiger Barb is going crazy with out a friend:(
Oh well, thats life. Big fish eats little fish.

I was over my sisters house on sunday, and my brother in law said that because the Oscars are the same size of the leoprdnes and the Barb, that they will not eat them. I told him that the barb and the lepo will only get so big and they will eventualy eat them both. I have seen Silver Barbs get big, but how about a Tiger? Or a Leoprndes?

Mar 26, 2006
enterprisesteaks.com
Well, surprise surprise!! My Oscars have balanced out the tank. Since I got them all is well. No more Leoprdess bullying the Tiger Barb, and the Oscars keep to themselves. Its a very peacful tank*BOUNCINGS
Of course this may change when i put them all in a 100g, but its nice right now.

Experiment conclusion: If your having a problem with a bully fish, put 2 Oscars in the tank!!

Status
Not open for further replies.