Fiddler crabs ate a bala shark?

MidSSouth

Large Fish
Mar 18, 2005
Memphis, TN
I went out of town for 3 days and when I returned one of my bala sharks was missing. It was about 4 inches long and in good health last I saw it. I figured it just died while I was gone but I can't find the body. I had a bala die before and the crabs ate the fish but left the head and tail along with the rib bones. Now I can't find anything.

Do you think they would eat the bones also? I don't think the fish could have jumped out because I have a tight lid with holes only for the heater wires and filter tubes.

Jan 27, 2004
Nipomo CA
If you give them enough time Im sure they could have finished off your bala shark.

What I think might have happened was that the bala shark died or was killed at night by the crabs and then the crabs ate most of what they could and the rest might have got sucked into the filter and the plastic slots on the intake to the filter broke up what was left of it so you may want to check the inside of the filter for any remaining pieces.

Just my 2 cents

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
That's a lot of fish for two crabs,then again, those crabs are quite surprizing sometimes. Did you check inside any decors that your ballah might have been able to fit in?