feeding platy fry

Barry J

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Hello-

I have my platy fry in a plastic, floating fry house. When I feed them, sometimes the liquid small fry food turns into a billowy bubble (often expanding) on the floor of the house. Do I need to remove this stuff or will the fry also eat this?

thanks,
Barry

Franky099

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
southern Ohio
www.aquabid.com
about how many fry are there?  If I were you, I would remove them to their own tank to grow.  Fry generally dont to to well in those floating thingys.  Get a small tank....5 or 10 gallons, with a hood if you can *but not 100% neccessary*  A heater would be nice, and a corner filter, or a power filter...put panty hose or cheese cloth over the filter so they dont get sucked up if you use a power filter.  Dont put any gravel in the tank...this way they cant get stuck in it.  And its easier to siphon out.  Give them some plants to hide in.  As for the food.  I hate that liqui fry stuff....but it does serve its purpose.  I've never had it bubble up like you have.  Tetra *i think* makes a fry flake....its more of a powder.  Its pretty good.  But what I would recomend for strong healthy fry is Microworms.  They are cheap and supereasy to keep.  If you cant get any locally, you can get them at aquabid.com   Hope this helps some, and good luck with the fry.  This is how I keep my guppy fry.

Barry J

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Amy - I have 6 fry and I have seen a few others swimming around in the tank, so I have a few new additions!

I am going to get the smaller Eclipse tank tonight to give them a 'proper' home; hopely, I'll find some of the tiny flake fry food while there. I'll ask about the Microworms while there.

thanks!

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I have seen some of that stuff around but never tried it. I think you should visit the tetra website they have their products but I don't know if you can buy them. They also have a thing called a virtual aquarium where you can build your own aquarium but last time it got changed and it was no good but maybe it's changed. ;D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
[quote author=Bettaman_shane link=board=breeding&num=989280692&start=0#11 date=05/08/01 at 18:31:25]
it is up and running and its fun to use ;D
[/quote] Fun ain't it??? I used to use it every day. But then I found this site.... ;D