feeder gold fish

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Not sure what kind of statement this is, but feeders are basically raised in cramped conditions from birth to selling. Unfortunately, these cramped conditions promote diseases that would be otherwise preventable. It is true that you can get a feeder gold fish or rosy red, quarantine them, then add them to an established fish environment with no issues, but I wouldn't buy a feeder and just add it straight out to a healthy tank, you'd be taking too many risks infecting the tank with something like ich or worse.

Mar 13, 2009
Poconos, PA
feeder gold fish are good bacause they normaly dont have any thing wrong with them, if they do, well, you can treat them.
:confused:

Are you trying to get us to buy feeder goldfish, lol.

Well, I've heard many stories of people adding feeders to the tank as food. But they don't get eaten and grow and live long happy lives. Also they are very pretty with unique colors and patterns. But I wouldn't recommend you buy one, scottlocks. Firstly, your tanks are too small to raise one. Secondly, you don't have a fish that will eat it.

So I'm confused as to why you are looking into them.

Jan 29, 2009
MASS
no my dad did.( i dont see him) and surprise, none of them have dyed yet. even when he moves them to his "crapy out door pond" in the spring/summer. and one of them is 12 inches long! but in thew winter they are cramped in to a 25-30G tank.

Jan 29, 2009
MASS
:confused:

Are you trying to get us to buy feeder goldfish, lol.

Well, I've heard many stories of people adding feeders to the tank as food. But they don't get eaten and grow and live long happy lives. Also they are very pretty with unique colors and patterns. But I wouldn't recommend you buy one, scottlocks. Firstly, your tanks are too small to raise one. Secondly, you don't have a fish that will eat it.

So I'm confused as to why you are looking into them.

plz Scott. im not going to get one. bacause some people have diffront opinions, which lead to diffront stuff.