Fast growers

Oct 22, 2002
I am in need of some fast growing plants. I have an aqua-glo 20w in a 20g ya ya I know thats low but im working on it. Could you please give the common name too that helps a lot ;D

Thx Curt

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
my vals need to be pruned every two weeks, i don't have bright lighting either...they fill up your background pretty quick too...

hygro is good for filling your bg as well :) very fast growing, like a weed really.

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Hygro is like a weed. grows very fast. Anacharis is the same. It can float or be planted in sub.

Scrimman, were yours floating or just at the surface from being tall? Mine get too nuts I have to cut the tops.

scrimman

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.caprok.net
'Lo Y'all
I've got 'em planted.  I have to go through every week/week and a half and trim 'em.  And I've mainly got anacharis in there right now. I think I'm going to shift away from them after the rest of the tank gets established...its more work than I expected keeping up with it.
MaleRubyBarb, when you trim do you ditch the old stuff (replanting the trimmings) or ditch the stuff you just trimmed off?  Mine is starting to look ragged and I'm wondering if I've been going about it wrong.

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
scrim,

The tops look lush and wonderful, the bottoms get less leaves and get old looking, so I end up replanting the tops, or about 7 or 8 inches of tops. The bottoms I get rid of , unless they are still nice, or have shoots on them. Then I give them another week. I could trim them every 3 to 4 days , that is how fast they shoot up. I plant them in giant bunches of like 12 cuts. looks a lot better than just a few. I just wrap them with plant sinkers.

man I have to get those pics up, I will do that now.
I sent aquapchyco some of them. She must dropped her computer during her move , have not seen her post for a while.